Thursday, June 30, 2016

Horoscope, What is?

Today, I had a major #throwbackThursday moment when I suddenly remembered the horoscope that came in the newspapers. It was star-studded with lucky number, lucky colour and such fancy stuff. Back then, we did not give much attention to it, we had no financial worries, no family troubles, no major health issues as well. It did not matter that much as half of the things were not relevant. At most we used to get excited if we were wearing the same colour as the lucky colour that the newspaper said. We also tried to integrate the lucky number in some manner or the other. 

It is about the interpretation


Anyhow, that is the story of the past. After having this #throwbackThursday moment, I got this urge to read my horoscope for the day. I launched my favourite site for all things zodiac, Zodiac Mind. I navigated to the daily horoscope section, and this is what I got: 

Unresolved turmoil bubbles to the surface today, stimulating questions about your future. You might think it’s best to ignore your gut reaction so you can avoid upsetting yourself or someone else. However, the hidden cost of burying your feelings now will only become more apparent over time. Dealing with your emotions as they arise could reveal practical resolutions to your problems. Fortunately, you have more support than you realize, making the present moment the best time to face the music and change your tune.

Being the difficult person I am I decided to break it down and analyze it down to every single bit. Because why not? All my life I have faced major repercussions because of overthinking situations. So, I decided to do an analysis for myself, because that would be a safe thing to do. Jotting it down is just another #throwbackThursday moment because of the love I had for blogging once upon a time.

So this blog post: Horoscope, What is? = #throwbackThursday for newspaper horoscopes + #throwbackThursday for blogging.


Unresolved turmoil bubbles to the surface today, stimulating questions about your future. 


Personally, I hate an unresolved situation. I always want to deal with a situation when it arises. 3/5 times this approach fails. Someone I admire once told me that 'Smart people ignore' - maybe it is true but somehow I am never implement it. I always fail to ignore a situation which shows some relevance. Maybe I am not smart enough (yet). Generally, I stretch the situation to it's limit, over analyze every bullet point and end up falling on my face by the end of it.

You might think it’s best to ignore your gut reaction so you can avoid upsetting yourself or someone else. 


Like I said above, I can never do that. I have this little battle with myself where I try to ignore a situation but then in the end I politely give up and over analyze it anyway. 3/5 times, I do end up upsetting myself for someone else because of this wonderful ability that I have developed over the years. I like to think that behind this is my eternal quest to know why people do what they do. Needless to say, I am far from perfection in this regard.

However, the hidden cost of burying your feelings now will only become more apparent over time. 


Now, this is getting ridiculous. In the previous sentence they tell you to ignore stuff and avoid upsetting anyone. Now they are telling you that burying your feelings will just blow up later. This is in way is symbolic to the confusion and the little battles that I have in my head. It is always a tricky decision to bare yourself out in front of someone. Either you are setting yourself to get absolutely battered or you are in for episode of redemption, which is very rare. 

Dealing with your emotions as they arise could reveal practical resolutions to your problems.


In what I have seen, emotions very rarely lead to resolutions. You generally end up doing some impulsive action which you regret 342 seconds later.  At least for me, it never works out. Whenever I am high on emotions, I am more liking to wreck the flow rather than fix it. This also has to do with the fact that I think I am always in extremes, either too high or too low. Middle Way or Middle Path is an important concept in Buddhism, Gautama Buddha used it to describe the character of the Noble Eightfold Path. It apparently leads to a better quality of lie or what not. Well.

Fortunately, you have more support than you realize, making the present moment the best time to face the music and change your tune.


If I have learnt one thing it is that you cannot face enough music in your life, there is always something new round the corner. Exception being if all your band members are dead. Okay, I agree bad joke. Support is a very tricky domain as we don't know how it will end, you can upload all your shit to the person who is trying to help you. How they react is a different ball game. For all you know, the whole upload will just make them blast. Sigh, life is tricky. So is taking help from other people and changing your musical tunes. *soft cries*



Your whining,
Aakarsh

1 comment:

  1. Details about the horoscope which is really interesting and useful to be known. Thank you very much for sharing. Astrology consultation Coimbatore | Astrological gemstones in Coimbatore

    ReplyDelete